DIFC Academy is proud to partner with Chartered Banker Institute in offering the Certificate in Climate Risk.
First launched in 2021, the Certificate in Climate Risk has been substantially updated for 2022/23 to encompass a wide range of developments in our understanding of climate change and its impacts, the rapidly-evolving policy and regulatory landscape relating to climate risks, and the substantial progress in finance sector practice in addressing climate and broader sustainability risks.
· 12 unit programme that can be completed in as little as 12 weeks
· Globally-recognised qualification - awarded by the Chartered Banker Institute, developed by the Chartered Body Alliance
· Available to all - no previous knowledge of green finance is required, but an understanding of risk management principles and financial services practices is necessary
· Upon completion, learners will be entitled to use the designation Cert CRP (Certified Climate Risk Professional)
The aim of the qualification is to develop the learner’s professional knowledge, understanding and skills relating to climate change, climate risk and sustainable finance, with a view to supporting customers, clients, colleagues, and communities with the transition to a sustainable, low-carbon world. Select
The syllabus covers:
· The emergence of climate change and its impacts on the environment, economy, society, and the financial services sector
· The ability to identify, describe and classify climate-related financial and non-financial risks, and the impacts of these on the economy, society and the financial services sector
· The challenges in measuring, monitoring and reporting climate risks, and the availability and quality of data
· Identifying common approaches to modelling climate risks, including the use of scenario analysis
· Examining approaches and responses to climate risk at global, regional and national levels, and their impacts on the financial services sector
· Exploring approaches to defining, developing, articulating and embedding climate risk appetite, governance and culture
· Studying opportunities for the financial services sector in supporting the transition to a sustainable, low carbon world.
The Chartered Banker Institute is a global professional education body for bankers, based in the UK. Established by Royal Charter, we are a not-for-profit educational charity with a mission to enhance and sustain socially purposeful, responsible, professional banking in the public interest. They do this by developing and supporting bankers’ education and professional development throughout their careers, in particular in the areas of:
- Core banking skills, including credit and lending, and risk management
- Professional ethics, culture and conduct
- Digital finance
- Green and sustainable finance, aligned with the UN Principles for Responsible Banking and UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Bank management and leadership