CPE Credits: 13.5
Online access for learning content for 1 year
Self-directed indicative Learning Hours: 27 hours
Awards on Completion: Certificate and Digital Badge; awarded by AICPA and CIMA
- The importance of cybersecurity to you, the accounting and finance professional, and your organization or client.
- What it takes to develop a security mindset to be a trusted adviser and key contributor toward cybersecurity risk management.
- Key cybersecurity terminology to enable you to converse and collaborate with other functional leaders, employees, and vendors.
- The impact of digital transformation on cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity threats, attacks, data breach implications, and privacy considerations.
- Security framework(s) and applicable regulations for your organization or client.
- The importance of the AICPA cybersecurity risk management reporting framework.
- Controls to mitigate cybersecurity risks.
- Financial and operational implications of cybersecurity.
- The importance of cybersecurity, your role and developing a security mindset
- Cybersecurity and digital transformation
- Cyberattacks, data breaches and privacy
- Cybersecurity frameworks and regulations
- Cybersecurity risk management considerations and controls
- Operational and financial implications of cybersecurity
Why is cybersecurity important right now?
Clients and organizations are at greater risk for IT and cybersecurity breaches during the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, an effective cybersecurity risk management strategy is essential for business operations in the current environment and for future preparedness.
More than ever, organizations are under pressure to demonstrate that they are managing threats, and that they have effective processes and controls in place to prevent, detect, respond to, mitigate, and recover from cybersecurity events. Cyberattacks can:
- Disrupt businesses
- Result in financial losses
- Destroy an organization's reputation
What is your role?
You must be able to:
- Speak intelligently on the subject internally and externally.
- Learn the terminology and key considerations related to cybersecurity to collaborate with others in your organization or client.
- Apply a security mindset to your daily work.
- Obtain an understanding of the potential risks and opportunities for your organization or client as they develop or evaluate their cybersecurity risk management program.
What do we offer?
This CPE certificate program covers several cybersecurity topics to help you acquire these skills and gain an understanding of the importance and impact of cybersecurity risks on your organization or client, including an introduction to AICPA's cybersecurity risk management reporting framework. This knowledge is indispensable in today's global, digital landscape of persistent and increasing cybercrime, and now more than ever during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Importance of Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation
Cyberattacks, Data Breaches, and Privacy
Cybersecurity Frameworks and Regulations
Cybersecurity Risk Management
The Business of Cybersecurity
What can you do?
Advance your career with this certificate and earn CPE credit. After completing the certificate course, you will receive a digital badge that can easily be shared with your professional network.
Who Will Benefit
CFOs and business managers
Controllers and internal auditors
Management and public accountants
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (the Association) is the most influential body of professional accountants, combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) to power opportunity, trust and prosperity for people, businesses and economies worldwide. It represents 650,000 members and students in public and management accounting and advocates for the public interest and business sustainability on current and emerging issues. With broad reach, rigor and resources, the Association advances the reputation, employability and quality of CPAs, CGMA designation holders and accounting and finance professionals globally. Select