This session will cover the latest trends facing financial controlling and the opportunities for controllers to shift from being a scorekeeper to a value-added business partner.
- Learn the latest research on business trends that have accelerated and their impact on finance and accounting;
- Understand the top technologies financial controllers are using to transform financial controller functions;
- What the research says about reopening the workplace and financial controllership post-pandemic;
- Understand how to equip the financial controller team with the skills necessary to make this transformation.
About the Speaker
Tom Hood, CPA, CITP, CGMA
“If there is a conversation about the future of the profession, you're bound to hear Hood's name mentioned as one of the people leading the way.”
– Accounting Today
- Named the Second Most Influential in Accounting by Accounting Today Magazine 2011-present
- Top 100 Influencer by LinkedIn (700,000+ followers)
- Member of the Forbes Finance Council
- CPA Practice Adviser Accounting Hall of Fame
- Top 25 Public Accounting Thought Leaders by CPA Practice Adviser
- Former CFO of Highway Construction Company
- Graduate of Johns Hopkins University (MS) and Loyola University of MD (BA)
Here are the instructions to register and access the event:
- Go to blionline.org/checkin.
- Login to the site. Create your account by entering your email address at the top of the login box, and then entering the six-digit login code that is sent to you (recommended). Alternatively, you can login with your existing internet accounts.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll be asked to enter your 4-digit event code. For this program, enter: 9 1 2 6
- On the next screen, answer the question about your employer.
- Then you’ll be invited to “launch course,” and you’re in!
How to get your CPE Certificate
Throughout the course, attendance check “popups” will be presented to all attendees. You must complete 70% of the attendance checks to qualify for CPE issuance.