From 13-17 November, witness an unparalleled confluence of legal thought leadership, innovation, and international collaboration, showcasing the dynamic nature of arbitration both regionally and worldwide.
The full calendar of events is available at the official Dubai Arbitration Week organized by Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
13 November 2023 (2PM - 6PM)
AIJA – International Association of Young Lawyers – Middle East Regional Meeting
Organizer: AIJA – International Association of Young Lawyers
This is the first ever Middle East Regional Meeting of AIJA - the International Association of Young Lawyers, the leading international organisation for legal professionals under the age of 45. The event will be held at, and with the support of, the DIFC Academy.
The Meeting will start with a light lunch, followed by two academic sessions. The first session will focus on the future of international commercial arbitration. The second session will focus on navigating civil law and common law systems in an increasingly interconnected world.
LINK to REGISTER: https://www.aija.org/event-detail/751
17 November 2023 (1PM - 3PM)
Strategic Advocacy in International Arbitration: Navigating Challenges and Maximising Success
A. Introduction (10 minutes):
- Welcome and introduction to the session.
- Brief overview of the importance of effective advocacy in international arbitration.
B. Fundamentals of Advocacy (20 minutes):
- Understanding the role of advocates in international arbitration.
- Key principles of effective communication and persuasion.
- Overview of building a compelling case strategy.
- Highlighting ethical considerations in advocacy.
C. Dos and Don'ts of Oral Advocacy (40 minutes):
- Essential dos and don'ts for delivering persuasive oral arguments.
- Techniques for engaging with the tribunal and opposing counsel.
- Addressing challenges during the hearing.
- Tips for using technology and visual aids effectively.
D. Dos and Don'ts of Written Advocacy (40 minutes):
- Structuring written pleadings and submissions effectively.
- Key dos and don'ts for persuasive legal writing and drafting.
- Presenting complex legal arguments clearly and concisely.
- Strategies for effective document management and organisation.
E. Q&A and Wrap-up (10 minutes):
- Open forum for participants to ask questions and seek clarification.
- Closing remarks and final thoughts on the importance of advocacy in international arbitration.
Register Via Emai: [email protected]