This LLM (Master of Maritime Law) programme, which is now being offered in Dubai, is designed to benefit experienced professionals and executives involved in the shipping markets and sectors, and those companies which provide services to the shipping industries. Officials working in the maritime and international trade sector will also benefit from the highly commercial approach taken in the delivery of the programme.
The LLM will give top shipping professionals an invaluable exposure to international maritime and trade law, whilst legally qualified professionals will also benefit from the specialist nature of the programme with notably very few maritime law specific programmes available in the Middle East. Non legal professionals involved in the maritime and maritime services sector will gain deep insights into the practical workings of maritime and trade law.
The programme is delivered in intensive block format by our own UK-based faculty and wholly by scheduled UAE weekend classes. It will be attractive to those who are able to travel to Dubai from the region.
The programme welcomes applicants who have a good degree in any related discipline and/or relevant work experience, including ambitious and highly motivated recent graduates. A specialist qualification in international maritime law will undoubtedly enhance career prospects.
- Advances your knowledge and understanding of practical aspects of maritime law.
- Enhances your commercial awareness of the legal principles and rules impacting on international shipping.
- Gives you the benefits of a joint academic enterprise between two highly prestigious institutions, the City Law School and the Dubai International Financial Centre’s Academy.
- Provides you with access to thousands of learning resources, including e-books, through our online legal and business databases.
- Offers you the flexibility of weekend study without disruption to your work.
- Affords you the opportunity to learn from established maritime law academics who have significant professional and scholarly experience.
- Supports your learning experience through our online learning platform, Moodle.
Provides you with appropriate administrative support from our team in City’s Dubai Centre.